The Wonder Wall

   We flew by Air China to New York and then back from Los Angeles to Singapore. Flying by Air China requires us...

 
 We flew by Air China to New York and then back from Los Angeles to Singapore. Flying by Air China requires us to transit for hours and hours in Beijing International Airport. Since we had a solid 10 hours of nothing in the Beijing's airport on our way back from LA to Singapore, we decided to rent a car and drive out to the nearest part of the Great Wall. By renting a car i meant it included a chinese driver too since I can't drive on the right side of the road.

I have always wanted to see the Great Wall and climb up top and walk my way through till the Mongolian part of the wall but seeming the impossible long distance to get to that part, we settled for the Ming Yu Fishing Village part of the Wall which was actually the closest to the airport, it was about an hour drive out there.

The view was amazing but the climb was really a damn steep climb. I kept singing to Miley's Climb once I reached the top. It was an achievement, especially since I am extremely unfit.

Well, the short visit gave me no opportunity to practice my Mandarin and I hope to fully explore Beijing one day.

Do pardon some of the picture quality as the moment I reached the wall, my camera's shutter chose to lock and I had no choice but to use my trusty BlackBerry's camera.

0 comments