Avenue of Shops

I won't say I hate Hong Kong because hate is too strong a word to decribe how I feel about it. I've been to Hong...


I won't say I hate Hong Kong because hate is too strong a word to decribe how I feel about it. I've been to Hong Kong many times though so I don't hate it per se. It may be that these people are just culturally inclined or lack thereof. I can't seem to figure it out. Though I know not a word of Cantonese and blatantly spoke in Mandrin to everyone they, I'm lucky atleast 10% of those I spoke to understood what I said so that's a plus. One thing's for sure, Hong Kong is the place in Asia to go shopping till you collapse. The Zara is cheaper there than in the Europe maybe just by a few cents, H&M is definitely cheaper there than in Singapore, they have a larger variety of designer brands as compared to here and with a much cheaper price tag too. I came home with over 20 pieces of new clothing, shoes and sunglasses, I was a wreck. I recently cleared off a quater of my clothes to make way for new ones, it was such a depressing process. Having to decide what to keep and what had to go was the hardest decision I ever had to make. This is coming from someone who lives in a one season country all year round. I do not know how others living in a four season country do it every 3 months. Hats off to you!

0 comments